Coronation Street won seven, count 'em, seven awards at the British Soap Awards held last night in London. The seven awards Corrie won are as follows and include Best Soap, Best Actress and Best Actor! Well done, Corrie. The awards are being shown on ITV1 on Wednesday night. There's a host of pics on the official Corrie site here and the BBC here.
1. Best Soap (and about time too!)
2. Best actress - Kate Ford (Tracy Barlow). Have a look here for a video of Kate.
3. Sexiest Male - Rob James-Collier (Liam Connor)
4. Best Newcomer - Kym Ryder (Michelle Connor)
5. Best Exit - Bill Ward (Charlie Stubbs)
6. Best Storyline - Charlie's cheating and Tracy's revenge.
7. Best Actor - Antony Cotton (Sean Tully)
For the other awards, click through below.
Roxanne McKee (Louise Summers, Hollyoaks)
VILLAIN OF THE YEAR
Gemma Bissix (Clare Cunningham, Hollyoaks)
BEST COMEDY PERFORMANCE
Gemma Merna (Carmel McQueen, Hollyoaks)
SPECTACULAR SCENE OF THE YEAR
Emmerdale House Collapse
Stirling Gallacher and Sean Gleeson (George and Ronnie Woodson, Doctors)
BEST SINGLE EPISODE
Doctors, Shreds and Aftermath
BEST DRAMATIC PERFORMANCE FROM A YOUNG ACTOR OR ACTRESS
Eden Taylor-Draper (Belle Dingle, Emmerdale)
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
EastEnders writer Tony Jordan
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
Wendy Richard (Pauline Fowler, EastEnders)